Association of Psychotherapists and Counsellors Singapore (APACS) is an association for all practitioners in the healthcare sector who are keen to be part of this big family of helping professionals. Although most of us in the association are psychotherapist, psychologist, counsellor, or social worker, we welcome other allied health professional to join us. Thus, the approach to meet the individual or family in a holistic manner.
To provide high ethical standards of clinical practice in delivering counselling and therapy to those seeking help to address their mental, emotional, social and behavioural issues.
- To monitor, maintain, set and improve professional standards in counselling and psychotherapy education and practice.
- To provide a unified voice for the counselling and psychotherapy industry.
- To provide a consistent Code of Conduct and set of Practitioner Standards.
- To promote the professional development and growth of counsellors and psychotherapists.
- To assess and recognize counsellor and psychotherapist education courses.
- To maintain a register of approved counsellors and psychotherapists.
- To identify to the public at large counsellors and psychotherapists that meet nationally recognizable standards of education and practice.
Visit here for more information of the current Governance & Structure.